Sunday, March 27, 2011

Another little update...

There are just a few updates from our last entry. I had the MRI on my head and it came back clear, so that was a relief and one less thing to worry about! They did find a third type of cancer called Cariocarcinoma which explains the rapid spread and will be treated with the same type of chemotherapy as prescribed before. Things are looking very positive still and we are on track to start treatment tomorrow. I feel like normal Shane and haven’t dealt with any “symptoms” of the cancer. I know chemo will affect this a bit but I’m not too worried about it:) The Lord has been so gracious on our family and He’s where I’m working on finding my strength and peace. Thank you all for your steadfast prayers and encouragement.

5 comments:

  1. Praise Jesus! Praying for you all. Good report!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of you are in my thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shane,
    This is Heidi Corbin (Horne now, married name) I heard this news from Melissa, who heard from Taylor. And my heart dropped. So young to experience all of that. And AMY - YOUR BEUATIFUL WIFE!!! I am praying SO hard.
    I just recently had my first baby girl last July, but lost my dad to liver cancer 2 weeks before my sweet baby was born. It was quite the journey. I'm so happy that it's looking like all the docs are positive about your recovery. Please keep us all updated. We love you and you are COVERED in prayer, and the healing hands of Jesus. Thinking of you today!
    Love Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  4. PRAYING!!!! We love you all so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dearest Shane and Family,
    I am a long time friend of your mom's from Northwest Airlines. I just heard about your battle and wanted to send all the best to you. You will be in my thoughts and prayers for the strength to go through this and on to recovery. You have a beautiful family! God speed.
    Sincerely, Robin Price

    ReplyDelete