Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Game Plan....

Ok, today we met with the Oncologist and figured out what my treatment is going to look like. After a few more tests next week, I’ll start 4 cycles of chemotherapy on March 28th. 1 cycle looks something like this: 1st week, 5 full days of chemo at Swedish Hospital, then over the next 2 weeks I go in for some 1 day treatments and check-ups. Now, multiply that by four and I guess that’s what it’s going to look like, but much more precise then I’m explaining:). After that, I’ll most likely have surgery to remove the lymph nodes (don’t know how many) that were infected or at risk I think. After that, the hope is that I’ll be cancer free. I’m sure I missed some important steps in there, but will get better educated on this I’m sure pretty quickly! Like always, can’t thank every one enough for their love and support.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear all this, we will keep you in our prayers as you take this journey. I know you have lots of family,and support, but if you need ANYTHING, night or day we are just a door knock away. --I mean that!--
    Keep the Faith! Hebrews 11:1 Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see.
    Blessings pressed down and overflowing~
    Love, The Chings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update. As soon as you have dates for Swedish, I'll plan on leaving some meals at Nani's place for you (I'm not that bad a cook)....

    ReplyDelete