Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Biopsy...


Hello all, we just got back from the Urologist and went over the biopsy results.  They came back saying that of the tumor tested, 85% was Teratoma, 15% Seminoma.  The good news is that these are treatable/curable cancers, the concern the doctor had was that it's not characteristic of them to spread the way my cancer has up into my lymph nodes.  So, he had the tissue samples sent to UW Medical Lab for more extensive testing because he thinks there may be another type of cancer that was not detected in this first biopsy.  Though the information today was good, we now need to wait another 4-5 days for this new biopsy report to come back.  
In the mean time, he did want me to see the Oncologist right away.  I have an appointment tomorrow at Swedish Hospital.   I’m also feeling much better since the surgery and am planning on going back to work until they decide when chemotherapy treatments will start, which I’m hoping to have a better idea of after tomorrow's appointment.  
Again, Amy and I can’t thank everyone enough for the overwhelming amount of prayers, words of encouragement, and help with needs that we’ve received this past week. 

6 comments:

  1. Shane:

    Loren, Grace and I are praying for you three.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shane,

    My heart goes out to you for the road you have ahead but I know how strong you are and how strong God is in your life. The road is not easy but He will carry you and Amy through the rough times ahead. My thoughts and prayers are with you each and every day. Take care and thank you both for sharing your journey with all of us who love you

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loves to you! "Greater is HE that is in you than he that is in the world."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the update, so we can know what to be praying for. We will pray for quick and conclusive answers. Love to you all from the Neighbors Family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. God will lead you through this journey one step at a time!!
    With much love and prayer -
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thinking about you Shane. Sending love, prayers, and positive thoughts your way, everyday!

    ReplyDelete